The Zone Corporation can assist you with the following trade mark services:
• trade mark assessments and management
• trade mark searches and advice
• filing and prosecution of New Zealand and overseas trade mark applications
• oppositions, revocations and declarations of invalidity
• the defence of trade marks
• assignments and licences
• the renewal and restoration of a trade mark registration
• infringement avoidance and defence advice
• enforcement of statutory and related Common Law rights
• watching services
• border protection
• domain name registration
Trade Mark Assessments
We can identify your intellectual property rights by conducting a trade mark assessment to identify which assets require protecting. We can also review existing portfolios to identify which assets can be developed and protected to give the business a competitive edge.
Trade Mark Searches
We conduct thorough trade mark searches and advise clients on trade marks in New Zealand and worldwide. We handle the prosecution of trade mark applications and keep our client's regularly updated with status reports. A trade mark strategy is developed with clients to best manage their portfolio of trade marks and to give maximum protection from competitors.
Trade Mark Management
The need for companies to properly manage and maintain their trade mark rights is becoming increasingly important. Many of our clients outsource the management of their IP Portfolio to us while they focus their time and effort on their core business.
Trade mark management involves the following:
• maintaining trade mark registrations
• updating contact information
• prosecuting the recordal of assignments and license agreements.
We keep your business informed and updated of the publication of identical and similar trade mark applications filed by competitors. This surveillance can guard against a competitor securing a trade mark that threatens the value of your IP rights. Regular reports on other similar trade marks keep you abreast of your competitors activities and provide your business with the earliest warning of potential legal issues.